Book Review: Kurukshetra by Krishna Udayasankar

Give me the present, Acharya. In return, I will give you the future.� ��
�I don�t care what you write or do not write, or how you wish to record all that has come to pass. I will neither thwart you nor question your wisdom in presenting and interpreting matters to your convenience. You will determine how the story of the Kurus, of this entire realm will be remembered. It will not matter whether there is war, and if there is one, who wins or loses, who rules as Emperor and who dies on the battlefield without honour or dishonour, as the situation may be. Your place in history, the place of your progeny is secure for millennia to come. Is that not power over the future?
So says Govinda to the Vyasa, on page 93 of Krishna Udayasankar�s Book 3 of the Aryavarta Chronicles � Kurukshetra. These words struck me when I first read them, and then, after I finished the book, they remained with me, as the defining point of not just the book, but most of history and mythology as we know them.






Read more �