Wayanad - Journeying into the wild at Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary

�Are there tigers here? Will we see any wild animals? I don�t want to see just deer!� That was Samhith, protesting against our waiting in the long queue for the Jeep Safari at Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary in Wayanad. Considering that he wasn�t even standing in the queue (it was our uncomplaining and patient guide doing so), his outburst wasn�t really justified, and I told him so. I reminded him of the Gaur and elephant we had seen in the forest en route to Wayanad, and reassured him that there were surely some wild animals in the jungle, and if he kept quiet and looked out for them, he would probably see some. Meanwhile, I kept my fingers crossed and prayed that we indeed would see something more interesting than �just deer�!


Read more �