The APMC Market at Vashi (the wholesale grain and vegetable market for the city) is a veritable haven for photographers..... the masses of vegetables, fruits and grains which make their way in and out of the market, and the people who make it possible, both offer unlimited opportunities for anyone with a camera. I always think of taking along my camera when I go there, but inevitably, I forget. Well, this time, I did remember, and carried it along.....
When I asked the shopkeepers for permission to shoot, they smiled at me indulgently and said, "Behenji, sabhi yahi poochtein hain!" ("Madam, everyone asks the same question!") They are so used to it that not one person looked up from his work as I clicked away..... As it happened, only some of the photos I took turned out to be good, considering the hurry we were in.....But here are some of them which will give you an idea of the place....
Rice piled up......
Rice piled up......
Grains of all colours....
chillies galore... and the busy market ...
Onions.. so many of them....
Only onions and potatoes here.....





